It's Never Too Late To Start The Process
Estate Planning is one of the single most important responsibilities you could do for your family and your peace of mind. It ranks in importance with buckling your seat belt, looking both ways before you cross the street, and having a parachute when you jump out of a plane. Yet working with a specialized estate planning lawyer all too often gets pushed to the bottom of our “to do” list.
What most fail to realize is that without proper estate planning, your family and your assets could end up in places you would never want them to be. Without planning your estate with a lawyer, a complete stranger could decide who gets guardianship over your children should you and your spouse no longer be able to care for them. Without a trust, your life assets could be squandered within a few short weeks and your property could be held up in probate for months if not years at a time.
Estate planning allows you to make the right decisions today. You can take total control over the allocation of your assets and the guardianship of your children right now so you can always take care of those you love.
The team at Meyerson Law Firm believes every person over the age of 18 should have an estate plan in place. We also know it is never too late to start the process. Our Phoenix, AZ law team offers professional estate planning and education to those who wish to provide security for their family’s future.
When you meet with our team, we’ll walk you through a variety of scenarios to help you reach the right decisions for your specific situation.
- How will your assets pass to your surviving spouse should something happen to you?
- If there is no surviving spouse, how should your assets be allocated to your children?
- When do you wish to allow them to have access to the funds?
- Who will be in charge of managing family assets?
- What if you are in a blended family where you or your spouse has children from a previous marriage? How would you like your assets be allocated?
- Most importantly, who will become guardian to care for your children?
Depending on your situation, we can develop a detailed plan that meets your needs. We handle basic will-based estate plans comprised of a will, power of attorney including financial and medical, a living will, and HIPAA authorization.
We can also create a trust-based estate plan to help you allocate life insurance proceeds, avoid probate, minimize state taxes, protect your assets from creditors, and control distribution of assets to young children.
Our estate planning services are personalized to you with affordable billing options, including flat fees, so you can move forward with your planning worry-free.
Make estate planning a #1 priority on your list. Schedule your consultation today. Together we can determine the best plan for you and the future of your family.
WHY DO I NEED AN ESTATE PLAN?
- To decide who will receive your assets and when they will receive them
- To save your family the cost, time and hassle of going through probate
- To name guardians for minor children
- To include instructions for your care in case of your disability
- To provide for family members with special needs without disrupting government benefits
- To provide for the efficient transfer of your business at your retirement, disability or death
- To avoid the court deciding all of these things for you